Under Lockdown: A Letter of Hope

by - March 22, 2020

Its March 2020. The COVID-19 has taken the world by storm. This is an offer of respite - for me, and for many others. I hope you know who you are. 

Hey, you. It’s been a while. Okay, that’s a lie, it’s been literally a day. But then that’s the beauty of us, I think. Go days talking, then days with radio silence, and then we’re back to square one again, as if we had been talking all along. I don’t think that’s a coincidence, do you? No, I think it’s because I have never met anyone who was so damn much like me xD

There’s not much I can say here that you haven’t heard already. And that’s the beauty of us, babe. Throughout all the constant chatter, there’s always something meaningful to leave behind, through every conversation, a lesson learnt, a thought revised. I love how you’re never afraid to call me out on my weaknesses and failures. I love how you’re my constant support system no matter what, but at the same time you’re there to tell me when I’m wrong. I love how you can make me laugh during almost any possible given second, no matter the situation. I wish I could do the same for you. Because you deserve it more than anyone else in the world.

I’m missing out on such a crucial part of your life, and I hate myself for it. The things adolescent teenage girls go through, you’re on that roller coaster ride now, and damn you for having your awakening at such an inconvenient time! It’s stupid on your part - plan your next phases of life keeping in mind that life threatening epidemics can halt your progress as a woman. You know what I mean.

Jokes aside though, I’m dying to come home and spend exactly 253 hours with you catching up on everything we left hanging. I want to be the big sister for once, and now I can. You’ve always taken such good care of me through everything, and now I can’t wait to return the favour. Because woman, work the fuck from home! Who’s been over protective now? I love you, so much I cannot out into words. And if I did people would think were dating again, and we don’t want that story to repeat itself now do we xD

All I can say is, take care of yourself. Keep yourself and the people you surround yourself with safe and happy. So that I don’t come home to bones, but real people. Real you. And we can continue our adventure together <3 

You May Also Like

0 comments