Under Lock-down : A Love Letter

by - March 22, 2020

 
Its March 2020. The COVID-19 has taken the world by storm. This is an offer of respite - for me, and for many others. I hope you know who you are. 

Hey, you. It's been a while and none of these letters have actually reached you. Shame, I had poured my heart out into them. That's what happens when you rely on old school postage, I guess. I hope you're okay. I hope you're safe and sound and happy. This world is weird; there are only some people who shine in it, for me. I don't know why you're one of them. But you are. 

Falling in love with you is probably the easiest thing I've ever done in my life, because I had no idea I was doing it in the first place. And I cannot express to you how much I miss you. I miss brushing my hand against yours during class. Sitting beside you during lectures, doing all sorts of things under the table. I miss your cute handwriting in all of our assignments. I miss how you make fun of me for the smallest stupid thing. I miss you taking ugly pictures of me. I miss driving around with no destination in mind. I miss the mindless stupid fights. I miss running my fingers through your hair, staring into your eyes, and most of all, I miss knowing what you're thinking even from across the room. 

No, that's a lie. Most of all, I miss the way you smell. The sound of your voice. The warmth of your body, the pressure of your lips. The feeling I get every time you're there for me to bury my sadness in your arms. 

I love you, man. I know in my soul how much I value you for everything you are, and more, for the person I am when I'm with you. You are my best friend. My loudest laugh. My biggest smile. My happiest memory. And I am your number one fan. And you know what? I am coming home to you. And its going to be beautiful. 

You May Also Like

0 comments