Under Lockdown: A Letter of Memories

by - March 24, 2020

Its March 2020. The COVID-19 has taken the world by storm. This is an offer of respite - for me, and for many others. I hope you know who you are. 

Hey, you. I hope you're taking care of yourself. I mean, I know you are, but its always better to remind you xD It's been sometime since we've caught up on the specifics of each others lives, but I know that when we do get in touch, we're going to relive everything as if our last conversation was yesterday.

You take too much responsibility on your head for as long as I've known you; always the mother, the protector, the giver. I just hope that someday you find someone who will treat you the same way you have always treated me, and everybody else that you love, and shower you with a thousand kisses every waking moment of your life.

We used to talk about getting rich handsome husbands as kids, remember? Now I just hope you find someone who can handle you, to be honest. A real sailor. In these kinds of times, where you feel like the world is about to end, there are these people that you're reminded of, people that you latch on to, that you need in your life like never before. And that's what happened for me with you. A constant stream of all our sixteen years of memories came flooding in and I knew I had to get this out to you somehow.

Thank you for taking care of me. For being not only my sister, but also sometimes my mother. I miss our life together back home. Granted, we both got what we wanted - to escape and travel, to traverse this Earth's boundaries and see all that we could see - but still, I wish through it all, you were one of the people by my side. Because the kind of stupid shit we used to do together, no one can beat that. It was a different life, a different world. And yes, I think if we met up now after so many years, we would be different people, too. But we'd still know how to have a hell of a good time together.

Come here soon, okay? I hear wedding bells if all goes according to plan. And you better be the first one standing up on that stage when things go down. I know it, with everything I am, that we are going to have a beautiful future, just like how we had an amazing past. I may not be there for your future through every thing, but if the past was any indication, I think we're both going to be just fine. Stay safe, lover.

Always and forever. 

You May Also Like

0 comments