Under Lockdown: A Letter of the Past

by - March 28, 2020

Its March 2020. The COVID-19 has taken the world by storm. This is an offer of respite - for me, and for many others. I hope you know who you are. 

Hey, you. How you doing? Think of this as an early birthday present xD I'm so glad you're back home away from all the violence and danger. I'm sorry that there's a different kind of danger now. But you're strong, and smart, and one of the most positive people I know. You'll be fine. Every one will be fine.

I'm so glad I met you last year. I can't believe it had been more than five years. And I can't believe I was sick through most of it xD I wish we could have gotten more time together, love. We deserved to meet for longer. We should have had a nice dinner somewhere, reminiscing about everything that we were in the past, but its heartbreaking how that didn't happen.

So I'm doing it here, now. I'm reminiscing about everything we did together back home :') All the times we were forced to go to school on holidays and annual meets because of our moms working there, we had an amazing time together. Downloading horror movies to sit and watch them all alone in the staff room, walking around the grounds aimlessly taking pictures on your brand new phone, running around from the canteen back to the staff room to continue our movie binge....I can go on and on. Mr Gordy probably misses us so much.

All the times we literally had no work or could just ditch classes in the name of making the school website, or the school magazine, was pure ecstasy. We were the elitist bitches, man. And we made sure the rest of the school knew it.

I know that even if we return back home we won't be able to recreate that, because that building, and that space of home, is gone now (cue in a sad song), but I know that we're going to meet again. All three of us. And it is going to be the most amazing thing. Its been far too long. Its coming soon, don't worry. Hang in there, lets ride this storm out together, one day at a time.

<3

You May Also Like

0 comments