Under Lockdown: I Wish We Were Stuck Together

by - April 13, 2020

Its April 2020. The COVID-19 has taken the world by storm. This is an offer of respite - for me, and for many others. I hope you know who you are. 

Hey, you. I've told you this before, but for the sake of an opening, let me do it again - I wish we were stuck in this lock-down together. Yes, everyone back home would have gone crazy with worry, but we would have been having a pretty good time together ;)

That's not all I wish, though. I wish we had spent more time together before all this happened. I wish we had been in the same new city during our internship. I wish you could have been able to fly to London for this one. But that's okay, I think it'll all happen, someday. Might be in the near future, might be years from now, but I promise you all your dreams will come true.

I knew we were going to be good friends from the minute I met you. I mean, we hit it off pretty instantly, and yeah there was a bit of a lag in between, but we found our way back to each other, didn't we? I can honestly say that out of all the people I have known in my life, you're the one I think I've seen grow the most. You're definitely not the same girl who step foot in our classroom four years ago, and while I think that the circumstances that led you to this growth were a bit up and down, you came out glowing the other side.

I know that we got back together pretty recently, but the amount of memories and adventures we've been able to pack into that short time is admirable if I do say so myself. The crazy car rides, the sneaking in/out, the made-up stories, and the trips....oh, the trips. We need to make a band and travel the world and we'd be set for life. Lets also never forget how you (mostly) always take my side in an argument with stupid people and others. How you're always in my corner with every problem, and you know I'll always be in yours as well.

I guess during this whole mess that has the world on a stand-still, that's what I miss the most about us. Lying through our teeth as we goof off paint the town red xD I can't wait to get back so we can continue our charades together. In the meantime, I hope you're safe, I hope you're happy, and I hope you're exquisitely enjoying your time. See you soon, baby.

You May Also Like

0 comments